Friday, March 9, 2012

Challenges

The year (which I've dubbed The Year of Dam Busting) also appears to be the year of writing challenges. Last November, I took on and won NaNoWriMo. This year, I'm planning to do it again and also take on two other writing related things.




One: a fundraising challenge, a Dare actually, for the Stephen Lewis Foundation. If I can raise $200 by the end of the year, I will write 4 short stories or poems in 2013 using suggestions from my sponsors. They will be the only people to see the stories for at least one year.


Two: while November is National Novel Writing Month, April is Script Frenzy. The goal: 100 pages of a script. Have I written a script before? Not a complete one. Am I going to let that stop me? No. I'm going to attempt to adapt one of my short stories into a stage play. I have absolutely no idea how it will turn out or even if I'll be able to write 100 pages. We shall all see together.

No comments:

Post a Comment