Thursday, August 16, 2012

Progress - August 16, 2012

Title: Long Legged Beasties
Words Total: 18,511
Words Today: 2,046
Reason for stopping: It's getting late. One more work day until the weekend!

Wordage I liked: My hand gripped the staff tighter as a flash of off-white sped by the place I'd entered the clearing. [...]

I followed the rough path I'd made back toward the cabin. Every few steps I stopped to listen and watch for whatever had been watching me. I breathed easier when I cleared the tree line. Shadowy Cat still sat at the bottom of the stairs, the tip of his tail twitching.

When I sat on the bottom stair, he looked at me as if to say he'd told me not to go.

"Ya, ya," I muttered and scratched him on the head.

Things discovered: Jessica needs to learn more about Gil's culture.

***
I managed to write 1,000 words between work and my massage tonight. The other 1,046 were harder to come by. One of the side effects of writing in the evenings is that my brain doesn't like to shut down quickly. Makes sleep difficult at times.

Plans for the weekend include more writing, cooking and moving some furniture so I can continue unpacking. Such a glamourous life.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment